Alūksne Old (Lakeshore) Palace
The Lakeshore or Old Palace is one of Alūksne estate buildings on the shore of Lake Alūksne. The stone living house was built between 1793 and 1794 in the classicism style and has undergone minor reconstructions. During the first period of independence of Latvia, in 1932, there was a hospital set up in the building. Between 1938 and 1944, the director of the hospital was the doctor, Jānis Keggi, whose son, Kristaps Keggi, has developed a close co-operation with Alūksne municipality.
Nowadays, there is an Alūksne Art School in the castle; the excursions inside must be booked in advance.